Skip to main content

Daydreams.

While I was out killing myself in an attempt to jog yesterday, I was listening to the radio on my ipod. There was a commercial for LottoMax, a sweet-ass lottery whose jackpot was 25 million.

I'm convinced we all do the same thing when we start to think about what we would do if we won the lottery. We think of the immediate things we'd take care of. Then we think of all the things we want to do, but never really imagined possible without money. We run away with the possibilities, we lose ourselves.

As I head to work for my evening shift, I stop at the mall for a few of my basic things. Body wash, razors, bus tickets. And while I contemplate how on Earth I will afford myself after I graduate, I buy a LottoMax ticket.

Suddenly, my mind fills with something not quite euphoric, because I haven't won my $25 million yet. Instead I slip off into a cozy world where a warm and fuzzy feeling fills me up. I've paid off my university tuition. I've stopped living with family members and I've moved out into my own lovely apartment (or maybe a house, since I would need my own swimming pool). I have a *car*. A Cooper Mini, even though my mum once told me she'd never let me buy one of those.

I have a dog, a cat, a HEDGEHOG! <(o^_^o)> I have the nicest, Queen-size sleigh bed covered in beautiful linens and pillows (I like nice beds, what?!)

My boyfriend and I are going away for a while. We've planned an erratic trip to various places all over; all the spots we've always wanted to go.

My parents can safely retire without a care in the world. My grandmother can sell her house and go and do whatever the hell she wants. I can spoil my older brother and bribe my younger brother into finishing highschool.





Riding on the pleasant feeling such a daydream gives me, I finish my shift without being too irate. Of course, I check my ticket on the internet, and none of the numbers match.

...Would have been pretty cool, though.

-Love, Tasha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wowza

And alas, my message to Shaun (White) becomes lost in a sea of hundreds of others of comments. Related: VANCOUVER 2010 BABY!!!!! <3<3<3 CANADA!!!

Sweet, Sweet Sundays.

Definition of SWEET 1 a (1) : pleasing to the taste 2 a : pleasing to the mind or feelings : agreeable, gratifying —often used as a generalized term of approval b : marked by gentle good humor or kindliness c : fragrant d (1) : delicately pleasing to the ear or eye (2) : played in a straightforward melodic style e : saccharine, cloying f : very good or appealing 3 : much loved : dear 4 a : not sour, rancid, decaying, or stale : wholesome b : not salt or salted : fresh c : free from excessive acidity —used especially of soil d : free from noxious gases and odors e : free from excess of acid, sulfur, or corrosive salts Sundays are my only days off as it is; I work a few times during the week, and when I'm not doing that, I'm on campus, learning things about Shakespeare most people will probably never know or even care to know about in their lifetime. The main issue with my lack of blogging is that week days strike me as mundane, unin